Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm all about balance.

In my life, I try to maintain constant balance. I recently have been lacking my needed balance, killing myself while I put in hours and hours towards my school work, and pretty much shunning my social life and friends. About a week ago, I realized that this isn't healthy, and it's not what makes me happy. Sure, as a junior, it is necessary to put a ridiculous amount of hours in to schoolwork~but I need to also maintain a social life. As I look around me, I notice that everything in my room is balanced also, all carefully placed to create the place where I spend about 90% of my time at home in. My friends like to make fun of me and tell me that I have OCD, becuase I have a ritual every night before I go to bed, which takes about 20 minutes. But it's the way I have been getting ready for bed since I was little, excluding the tuck in from mom and dad. What I am trying to say is my life is about structure and balance, I am always striving to "have it all," though I tend to take on too much. So, in 2011, I want to try to relax and look at the big picture, and do what makes me happy. I will have the needed structure in my life once swim starts again, and I will get my butt kicked daily by the never ending sets. I want to also do yoga. I have done it before, but now that my previous yoga partner has turned in to a bitch, it's time to find a new one! So, in 2011, I will try to maintain balance~ of a busy social life with my friends, making good grades, swimming faster than I did last year, spending more time with my family, and having just some "me" time, where i can unwind without a bra and fall asleep in front of my favorite trashy TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment